Do you think being a kid at heart makes you a better parent?

Being a kid at heart doesn't mean you have the mind of child, It means you can still play and have fun. that you are still curious of the world and willing to learn.

Favorite Answer

As long as you recognize that behind the heart is a parent. It's easy to be a friend, difficult to be a parent and extremely difficult to be both. This question reminds me of a quote from Dave Barry (from memory) "You can only be young once, but you can always be immature."

In some ways yes and in some ways no. If you are acting like a child yourself your kids when they get older will not have any respect for you, when you are acting just like them. It is also good too because you can show your kids a good time and have fun with them. You just need to let them know that you are the parent and that even though sometimes it's ok to have fun, there is a time to listen and be respectfull.

Yes, as long as you are still a parent and dont' try to be a "friend" instead. I have always had a lot of fun with my kids and now my granddaughters. I'm right there on the floor with them coloring, playing, etc. But I also know when to be the authority figure.

Yes, it helps you communicate better with your child in his/her own language. It helps you understand him/her better.

But it might become a fault when you become more of a friend than a parent for your child and he/she starts getting the wrong message. It all depends on how you dose that kid in you.

it gives you a better connection with your child. Who wants a boring dad who just sits around drinks a beer and cares about football? I will play video games with my kid and talk smack with my boys. My daughter on the other hand is content to sit on daddy's lap all day. Well until dads legs go numb. She is 11 after all :-)

I think having the ability to remember the helplessness and vulnerability of childhood helps. Children are so disproportionate when it comes to personal rights or voice, when compared to adults. They completely depend on us to validate, protect and provide for them. Remember..."Mother is the name of God on the lips of small children".....

it aint hurt my children or grand kids a bit yes it does -cause we can still enjoy the little thangs in life

happy day[RY]

old geezer

i agree...

i think being a cool parent pulls ur children closer 2u like a bestfrend or something...

yeah but sorry I am not a parent yet but of course ^_^ merry christmas

I agree with you .