How do I get from NGO (Chubu) Airport to Tokyo?

I am arriving tomorrow in Nagoya and then immediately need to go to Ebisu, (Tokyo). I have these strange directions from the automated system, but it seems to have 4 transfers. What's the best way to get from Chubu Airport to Ebisu, Tokyo? Is there a train directly at the airport? I would like to take the Nozomi shinkansen so it's the fastest.

Favorite Answer

Chubu airport to Nagoya station by train, less than 30 mins, maybe less than JY1000, easy to see English "Nagoya" on the train map where you buy the tickets if you follow the train signs in the airport. At Nagoya station, follow the Shinkansen signs to find where you buy your ticket to Tokyo. Nozomi Shinkansen are fastest, maybe 1.5 hours vs next fastest Hikari which is about 2 hours, and cheaper by maybe JPY2000. Take this train to Shinagawa and then transfer to the Yamanote train line to Ebisu. Or you can go to Tokyo station and transfer to Yamanote line also but Shinagawa is closer. Yamanote is the "green" line. It is a circle loop line, so one way or another you will get to Ebisu, which is between Shinagawa and Shibuya, major stations and on the sign. Enjoy your trip!

Direct train service from the airport to Nagoya station will take 28 minutes. At Nagoya station you can take the Nozomi Shinkansen to Tokyo station. At Tokyo station you transfer to the Yamanote line. Take the train that travels in the direction of Shinjuku. Get off at Ebisu station. Here is a link to an English webpage

I was in Japan a couple of months ago near Nagoya but not quite there. We were there for 7 mintiues for a stop over on a shinkansen. the Nozomi is realy expensive so If you want to use a JR pass, you can not use the Nozomi.

I dont know where Ebasu is but all the lines should be at Tokyo and the stationj has lots of staff help and signage is good.

The NGO aiport code replaced into taken from Nagoya-Komaki Airport at the same time as Centrair opened in 2005. Nagoya-Komaki Airport is now formally called Nagoya Airfield and makes use of the code NKM. Nagoya Airfield is basically utilized with the help of the Self protection Forces besides as some loved ones flights. Neither airport is actual in Nagoya city acceptable. Nagoya Airfield is in Toyoyama-cho and Centrair is in Tokoname city.

I hope you will get the way..I recomended you to ask to Good and Nice people in that place that would show you the way..