Doesn't anyone else see how the gap in weath is growing?

The job market is gone with imports and manufacturing being exported. Where will this lead?

• Gem
    Favorite Answer

This is leading to the 3 class system

The wealthy

The working uninsured poor

And the well taken care of, paid for life with the best health benefits around government workers.

We have less than 10 years to do something about this before the government union workers outnumber the rest of us. Then nothing will be fixed because the government workers will vote out candidates down and keep the ones that make sure our tax money is paying their bills.

It scares the heck out of me.

Merry Christmas.

I'm sure you meant wealth:

With a record number of new millionaires in America; 6.6 million new jobs in 4 years, virtual unemployment (below 5%) and a booming stock market, it's hard to imagine a better time economically speaking.

A 'poor' American is defined as one with a 2 bedroom apartment, car, TV (with cable), A/C, 1 child attending school and no one in the family going hungry. Compare that with the 'poor' from other countries, and you will get a gap there.

Since anyone has the 'equal' abilities and access to the same market, there is no excuse in America.

The real answer about the economy, behind job numbers and worker's pay is the movement of freight. Between 2004 and 2016, the industry is projecting an increase in transportation tonnage to be at near 40% for trucks, and 75% each for rail and air. Links below to support my claims.

The job market is gone? Are you living in the time of four months ago? Jobs have actually been on the rise for a while. I believe unemployment is at an all-time low.

However, there is a ton of outsourcing which we'll eventually have to deal with. I think it will sort itself out, however, once India and China get unionized and demand more money.

Yes I see how the gap is growing but we still have unemployment at a very low 4.3%. The rich are getting richer but so is everyone else. The average household makes more in real money than their parents did. We are much better off than europe who most of those countries have over 10% unemployment with Sweden at 20%. The economy could be better but its doin ok.

The job market is growing due to the increase of lower paying jobs in the retail and food service industries. I know in my area (NC) that there hasn't been ANY kind of increase in pay for the last 4 years. With the increase of gas, taxes etc the money just doesn't go far enough.