Do people expect 'party favors' at weddings?

i was wondering... I'm planning on getting my bridesmaids and everyone in the actual wedding party something, but would my guests think its rude if i dont give out favors???

i know.. stupid question, but i really wanna know what i should do

• MelB
    Favorite Answer

Is it rude? No. But usually a favor is expected when attending a wedding. Just a little memento of the wedding. It doesn't have to be expensive at all. If cost is a concern, you could do sugared almonds wrapped in tulle and tied with a ribbon printed with your names and wedding date. Guests just like to receive "a little something." You can be as creative or as simple as your time/budget allows.

Wedding favors are not expected to be at a wedding. You can do without them. I am a wedding planner and I personally tell my brides that if you are not giving a really expensive favor (like a mini bottle of champagne or something like that) then it's really a waste of time. I've looked around plenty of receptions and seen favors lying around or worse, in the trash. Instead of wedding favors, how about making a donation to a charity in honor of your guest or if you like, just 86 the favor idea all together. If the party is hype, your guest won't even think about a favor.

Most people don't really care about wedding favors, they are usually cheap and cheesy anyway. I don't think your guests would consider you rude if you don't give out favors, but you could always just do something cheap and simple like wedding bubbles in the shape of a cake (orientaltrading.com) at each place setting. A lot of people take left-overs and table centerpieces at the end of the evening anyway.

By party favors do you mean little gifts.

well it's your wedding so you do what you like. The guests are getting a free meal and a night out. I always see that a lot of people forget their little gift and leave it behind at the end of the night anyway.

I hope that's what you meant by party favors.

It's up to you. It 's not rude not to give party favors but it would be fun for the guests to receive one. Get something cheap like a stalk of rose or $1 gift.

Some people do, some people don't. I do think that since it is your wedding, it's your money, you do whatever you like. I wouldn't hand out gifts to your bridesmaids and anyone else in front of your guests. That is rude. If you want to give them gifts, do it behind closed doors so your guests don't feel left out.

I think it depends on the culture. in my country ( Brazil), the couple GETS gifts and gives out little favors, like boxes of chocolates or macaroons.

I have heard that in America the bride and groom get each other gifts, as well as the other witnesses and parents, i mean the people playing main roles in the ceremony ( think of it as a show), like bridesmaids, flower girls, etc..

.

honestly, when i got married last year, i was sooo worried about what everyone thought and it being perfect...but what a waste of time and it bit of a ruined time for me of my own, once in a life time wedding...this is my advice...

Make this your day, do what you can, and what you think is important, people dont really notice that stuff, and if they do and complain, they who cares about them, they arent real to you. an idea if you dont want to go to all of the trouble is to just put little candy dishes in the middle of the tables, its cheap and people will be happy with that snack while waiting for dinner to start.

I personnally think it is the Bride & Grooms day.People who expect gifts are selfish.It is not about them.You should be polite and tthank them for sharing in your happy event, if they want more they were there for the wrong reasons.

Some people might expect them, but I personally would leave it up to you as the bride to design your day the way you want it to be.