promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can i start my computer with out giving the password?

I have forgotton my password, how should i start my computer and enter to my account. Windows exp professional is installed in my computer.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why don't you know the password? Just plain forgot!

The purpose of the password is to prevent access by anyone other than you. If you don't know the password you can't gain access.

There are ways to crack it, but I am not telling the world how to do it.

Your computer builder may be able to assist you.

Somethings not quite right here. You were able to ask the question. I hope you are not trying to access someone else's computer:)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the safe mode approach does not work, you can take the computer to a computer repair shop where they can override password protection via jumpers on the motherboard. Do not try this by yourself unless you know what you are doing, or you could electrocute yourself and/or fry the motherboard. You will have to prove that you own the machine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

reboot the PC and tap F8. this will boot the pc into SafeMode. there should be an Admin account, click on this. If it needs a password, try the obvious (Admin, admin), the screen will be mucked up.

Go to start, run, type: control userpasswords2 and click on your account name, and click change password..

good luck

adam

• 1 decade ago

log in as safe mode by pressing F8 at the start up. then you'll be an adinistrater, and can create a new account and delete the old one.

and how did you log on to be where you are right now?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can't.... unless you reinstall windows

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.