What should I write on christmas card for sister in law/brother?

I am not at all close with my sister in law and not too close with my brother but they did get me a christmas gift last year so this year I got them a $30 gift card to a theatre which I will be enclosing in a card. I am completely blank as to what I should write on the card which already says "merry christmas".

Favorite Answer

and a very happy New Year!

• cynde

Christmas Cards For Brother

Well I was gonna have you put " Money is short and times are hard so here is your freakin Christmas Card" But you kinda messed that up with the $30 gift card. So I gotta tell ya man, you're on your own on this one. I tried but it didn't work, sorry man.

Be sincere and write only what is genuinely in your mind.

Something like 'Hope you have a nice time at Xmas and hope you enjoy a good show', It is bland enough to wish them well and doesn't sound fake and gushing.

I have a mother in law who I detest and just put 'Seasons Greetings' only and that is it then sign my name. No more needs to be said does it?

Wishing you a merry christmas, Thinking of you!

OR

Best wishes to you, Merry Christmas and a happy new year!! How's everything going? __________ and the kids alright?

write three sincere compliments, or remember one nice thing the person did for your family in the past year . you would be surprised with the effect that has on people.

acknowledgement goes a loooong way.

Write that they are only allowed to see movies rated G.

give them the ticket and make sure the movie is about hell and a place for them to stay hehehehheheheheh

He is still your family and in one way or another you (probably) do love him. I would think it is ok to write With Love from........

Keep it short, simple and honest.