Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What should I write on christmas card for sister in law/brother?

I am not at all close with my sister in law and not too close with my brother but they did get me a christmas gift last year so this year I got them a $30 gift card to a theatre which I will be enclosing in a card. I am completely blank as to what I should write on the card which already says "merry christmas".

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

and a very happy New Year!

• cynde
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Christmas Cards For Brother

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I was gonna have you put " Money is short and times are hard so here is your freakin Christmas Card" But you kinda messed that up with the $30 gift card. So I gotta tell ya man, you're on your own on this one. I tried but it didn't work, sorry man.

• 1 decade ago

Be sincere and write only what is genuinely in your mind.

Something like 'Hope you have a nice time at Xmas and hope you enjoy a good show', It is bland enough to wish them well and doesn't sound fake and gushing.

I have a mother in law who I detest and just put 'Seasons Greetings' only and that is it then sign my name. No more needs to be said does it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wishing you a merry christmas, Thinking of you!

OR

Best wishes to you, Merry Christmas and a happy new year!! How's everything going? __________ and the kids alright?

• 1 decade ago

write three sincere compliments, or remember one nice thing the person did for your family in the past year . you would be surprised with the effect that has on people.

acknowledgement goes a loooong way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Write that they are only allowed to see movies rated G.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

give them the ticket and make sure the movie is about hell and a place for them to stay hehehehheheheheh

• 1 decade ago

He is still your family and in one way or another you (probably) do love him. I would think it is ok to write With Love from........

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Keep it short, simple and honest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.