does he have the right to dump me?

I'm an x-pr0stitute...my b/f found out and dumped me...does he have the right to do that? what can i do to get him back?

Favorite Answer

First, of course he has the right to dump you. This is not the land of arranged marriages, and that's the way relationships are.

The fact that you concealed this piece of your history may have let you get involved with someone that otherwise wouldn't have given you the time of day. Now, it has blown in your face. Secrets have a way of doing that. However this works out, you might consider being a bit more candid in the future...it's going to cost you some guys, but the ones that stay will be worth keeping.

All of that said, can you get him back? Maybe. If this just happened recently, you may just need to give him some time to think in all through. Sometimes you have a reflexive reaction to something, that you think differently about later. Part of the issue now may be not just your previous occupation, but that this has drawn your trustworthiness into question. You need to be honest, about how you feel, that you want to get through this, about why you kept the secret, and maybe about why you did what you did back then.

That last part might be hard for you, but I think laying out what has changed to separate that part of your life from where you are now may go a long way to putting his mind at ease.

Sadly, you may not be successful. I don't know your boyfriend and he may not be able to get through this. I wish you the best, this is a hard one.

• Dennis

Well...it depends...I woudln't flat out dump you..course i'd feel a bit worthless in the sex department cause then what am i in comparison to the many other dudes you've been with..and what's to say you really enjoy it when you've treated it like nothing but business?

Then your job will haunt you unless you move....what if a 'customer' decided to be an *ss and go "hey honey! I remember you...hey you still workin? I'd like an appointment!" I mean..that wears down a man's pride a lot. Then what if you decided to go BACK to the job?

It's equivalent to marrying a pornstar i suppose...you'd have to find somebody who'd love you with a companionship type of relationship..because sex is no longer a desired or lust-based act..it's more....'cause it's a form of intimacy'....like hugging i suppose.

WELL to answer your question as far as getting him back...if you really care for the guy..and if you think he's really worth it...you'll have to push...make it obvious to him that he's somebody you love and want in your life, that your past has no affect on her love and devotion to him. Sex wise you'll have to give him the ultimate truth as far as the difference between 'business sex' that meant nothing and 'true love sex'...which i will admit sex is 90% mental...i mean i had 4 other partners before my fiance and i never finished with them...but i freakin c*m hard as hell ALL the time with my fiance...because the last 4 had no love for me, it wasn't real, and with my baby now...we love EACH OTHER..and oh my god it's so good.....ANYWAY.

If he's worth your time..you'll have to humble yourself and make a valiant effort to prove your love, dont' STALK him...but make every effort to let him know that what yo did in the past was out of struggles..you aren't a sl*t by no means. But other than that...you gotta realize the profession you took entails a lot of negative stuff....nobody wants that baggage under their belt..that's like you finding out he was a convicted pedophile on reform.

Source(s): Damn what's up with the interracial question you asked before? I agree with the dude above me i dont' think he dumped you cause of your past prostitution, it's probably cause you're freakin racist!

Interesting to say the least. So, you were a "Lady of the night"...big deal!

What were the circumstances? Did you do it out of desperation for the need of money or is your sex drive unable to be fulfilled and you like to have as many men as possible?

If it is the later then he might consider you a s lut. If it was for the money, he should be more undestanding.

I knew one attractive girl that did it for the money (No, I wasn't a customer) and she is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

• rams

He has a right to dump you. Had you told him about it earlier you could have avoided being dumped. Dont try to get him back. Move over. Merry Christmas.

If you weren't up front with him it's understandable that he dumped you.

One of the prices sex workers have to pay for their choices is the problem of having relationships. Some people just can't accept to date an ex sex worker.

thats the sad part of being one.. men will think bad and cant give their trust fully.. but if this guy really love you, he will come back... maybe he was surprised to found it out and thats his first reaction.. all you need to do is to wait.. maybe he will realize in the process.. you cant force him to come back to you.. let time decide.. and if you really love this man, try to pray for it.. remember, prayers help alot..

whatever happens dont lose hope cos time will come that you will find a man who will accept you even your past.. cheer up, things will be better.. merry christmas to you..

Well, I mean yea he does. You have to see it through his eyes. Ya know. I mean my b/f broke up with me because some one told him that I was cheating on him. and I wasn't. But you weren't necessarily cheating on yours either. Ask him why he is so upset. Tell him how you really feel. I don't know what else to tell you. And don't listen to the other person who called you trashy. Your not trashy at all. Good luck

you are a whore..literally and you are calling me names? you wish you could be me sweety. i am a college student w/ a degree in marketing... currently working on my masters. im cuter than you could ever imagine to be, and you are just jealous.....how sad..lol

prostitute huh? that means that you are most likely infected....your self esteem is shot... your p ussy is even more shot, and you are washed up.. how sad.who raised you to be so skanky? just because men always threw bags over your cu m stained face to stick objects and nasty ***** in you to keep from throwing up... dont assume everyone gets treated like that. keep talking crazy and i'll go find your pimp and tell his a ss where your fuggly a ss is hiding..l biottttch you better have my money too..hahahahahahahah....

Gee I beleive he has the right to dump you for any reason... But I gotta say that is a darn good one....

well.. it's not totally wrong to say yes.

you can't do anything to get the guy back when he's actually not over your past.

but if he truly loves you, he will accept it after some time.