Has anybody been abused by their parents(physically & psychologicaly) and what did you do about it?

Favorite Answer

TELL SOMEONE! A TRUSTED ADULT, TEACHER, PASTOR, FRIENDS PARENT. I have been where you are, and got out at 15yrs old to a relatives house. I was hospitalized 3 times, sexually abused, as well as psychologically, which I found to be the worst of the three, because there are some wounds that jsut never seem to heal...adn usually the treatment for these cuts involves (perhaps a lifetime of say for example, drug and alcohol abuse, low self esteem, abusive relationships)

GET OUT. This does not mean runaway, that would only put you in more harms way. report your folks to law enforcement (they will listen). if you can't get out get some counseling...it may be hard to tell someone what's gong on but you need to do so for your todays as well as your tomorrows.

Good Luck and Godspeed.

Merry Merry Happy Happy,

Nikki

Source(s): Been there, lived thru that and am still dealing with it effects 25 years later.

I was abused both physically and psychologicaly. Then I grew up. The physical abuse has stopped but not mentally. I'm now 24 and crazy because of it.

• been there done that both physically and mentally during the years i noticed i got into alot of abusive relationships with men and then finally the day i found out i was pregnate i left the father of my son and stayed single for almost 3 years till i met my g/f now i live a wonderful life with my son and g/f i have never been happier, i did have a flash back once when my son did something wrong and i smacked him and realized that i didn't want my son going through the fear i did of my parents and haven't hit him since. i stoped the cycle of abuse and hopefully that will never happen to u.

good luck and have a great christmas

Psychologicaly I was, I grew up to be a smart a$s.

• jude

just move on, as there are no instructions that come with having a child, most parents did the best they could do, perhaps they too were abused by their parents, perhaps they had no parenting skills. i too was emotionally abused by my mom, but later came to the realization that my poor mom was mentally ill, and could not help herself, due to depression she could not get over. what u do is forgive that parent, no matter what, as if u hold onto the unforgiven it will make u bitter, and ugly and it will affect u your entire life, we just need to realize that most did the best they could, and we need to forgive whatever they did.

Yes, and it messed me up pretty badly. I wasn't willing to live my life that way so I went to therapy and worked hard to get healthy. It was difficult but not as difficult as it was to stay messed up. Truly, therapy helped me a lot and I strongly recommend it.

yep both phyiscal and mental. my father has to me my sister, my brother and my mother. yet she is still married to him. he is a jerk.

it has screwed me up a bit. but oh well. how about you? Good luck. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Deal with it and move on. Nobody's perfect but you can't let things bother you forever. Just make sure you turn out to be better then them.

Stopped whining and got over it. If you can't stop whining, get a counsellor, they are paid to listen because no one else wants to.

i cut myself