promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

Is My System DAMAGED?

My System on my Computer seems damaged, when i restart the PC i find it stop and a massage appears saying:

"NTLDR is missing

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

what is the problem?? i can't FORMAT the Harddisk right now, so what can do please ??

7 Answers

Relevance
  • MK6
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You're computer can't find the harddrive boot sector. Or the next logical step after the boot sector, is loading ntLdr file, - which is failing.

Reinstall the OS or do one of the type of 'repairs' associated with putting the Win XP CD back in, - and starting the install process.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A floppy disk left in the drive bay will give you a NTLDR error when trying to boot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Boot from your installation disk (in case of XP) and run a repair install. It will repair windows system files only leaving other files intact. In case of previous versions, take out the hard disk, connect it to another computer as a slave disk and copy data from it to either another hard disk or on to cd/dvd.

• 1 decade ago

You will eventually have to format the drive, this generally means your hard drive is developing bad sectors and you will need a a new hard drive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YOU NEED TO CALL A GUY THAT WORK IN A COMPUTER SHOP AND LET INSERT A DISK THAT FORMATES THE COMPUTER BECAUSE THERE IS A VIRUS INSIDE YOUR COMPUTER

• 1 decade ago

dont know,sorry

Source(s): www
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u need to reinstall ur windows...........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.