promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Will there be any side effects of going without sleep for 2 days, other than being tired and sleepy???

I've already stayed up for one day, and I can't sleep tonight because of something that happened, and i'm wondering if it's okay to stay up one more night without sleep?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lack of sleep destroys brain cells. If you do not sleep for longer than 48 hours (2 days), then you may begin to experience hallucinations. However, ths varies from person to person, so you might get them within 24 to 36 hours, or not at all. You might also have fainting spells, and your immune system will be lowered, making you more succeptible to diseases. I recommend that you try to at least catch an hour's worth of naps or more, even if you cannot manage to find a bed or comfortable location to sleep in. Protect your health, it rules your life, and you only have one of those.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

36 Hours No Sleep

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Adequate sleep is necessary for a

healthy and balanced life.Sleep may

be a way of recharging the brain. The

amount of sleep varies from person to

person.Detail infomations available at

http://nosleep.in/sleeprequired.html

• 1 decade ago

You shouldn't go without sleep if you can help it. Your body needs that time to regenerate. Without sleep, you can start hallucinating and eventually you will go insane.

So lay down, and get some shut eye, or Santa won't come to you tonight!!!

Source(s): Experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's just about OK if it is something very important, but I wouldn't recommend more than 2 days cos you will be completely trashed over Christmas, and you will generally not feel great.

• 1 decade ago

Sleep deprivation results in loss of judgment coordination similar to being drunk, if continued mild hallucination. Very unhealthy,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Others are excessive daytime sleep; Sleepiness my occur during talking, eating or driving. Restlessness and unfreshing sleep may occur.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You'll be irritable, cranky, and look like Hell, get some sleep !

Source(s): 10 years on "Rotating shift", thank God it's over !
  • 1 decade ago

Lack of concentration into things.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.