Why are people so obsessed with penguins now?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fads in animals are no different than fads in fashion, toys, sociology, you name it. The other animal fads I distinctly remember were llamas, spider monkeys, and parrots. It has everything to do with the popular culture of the time... take Disney for example... The Emperor's New Groove had a llama, Pirates of the Caribbean had a spider monkey, and Aladdin had a parrot... I'm not sure if Disney produced Happy Feet, but the movie sure is Disney-esque...

• 1 decade ago

because of movies coming out. probably madagascar to begin with, cause everyone saw the penguins and either went *squee! how awesome are they?!?!* or *awwwww.... aren't they cute?*

And of course, the evil creators at some unnamed children's movie corporations, *cough* Disney *cough* Dreamworks* have gone, "OOOOOOOH!!! Hey Jeff, we can SOOOOOO make money out of this!!!! get some artists from somewhere, and GTE ME PENGUINGS!!!" and then of courae, the adorable penguin plushies that followed, as well as other merchandise. poor suckers who bought those.....

Source(s): ....sucker who bought those......
  • 1 decade ago

Those d$@n penguin movies. It sure isn't the Pittsburgh penguins.

• 1 decade ago

Oh! thats because Elijah Wood voiced for happy feet!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because they are cute and cuddle, plus if you eat them they give you magical powers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.