what is adobo?

just heard that it's really good..

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Adobo, a common dish in the Philippines, is typically made from pork or chicken, slow-cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns.

• PAXson
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It is a known Philippine dish. There is Adobong Manok (chicken adobo) or Adobong Baboy (pork adobo). It could get a bit greasy and but tastes well. Sorry it does'nt use any tomato ingredients. I am curious why post this message here? Should'nt you be posting this question in a food category or something?

• 1 decade ago

adobo? I like adobo. Its a pork or chicken adobo mixed with many ingredients. Im from the Philippines.

• 1 decade ago

It's a common Filipino dish.

Ingredients commonly include: soy sauce, garlic, laurel leaves & pepper & pork if it's pork adobo or chicken if it's chicken adobo or milkfish etc...

Sometimes they also add vinegar to make it a bit sour or sugar to make it a bit sweet...

It's really good & very easy to do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In the Philippines, adobo is basically pork sauteed in garlic then simmered and tenderized in soy sauce and vinegar then spiced up with black corn pepper and laurel leaves. Another common variety would be chicken or chicken liver with gizzard.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I tell you for what I know. Adobo in Puerto Rico is like seasoning salt. The most famous is Goya...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's a tomato sauce that is used to store hot chipotle peppers in. It's mexican..but I'm not sure what else it's used for...with the peppers it's super hot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its a Spanish seasoning used on meats, poultry and potatoes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

food

• 1 decade ago

i like cake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.