what is adobo?

just heard that it's really good..

Favorite Answer

Adobo, a common dish in the Philippines, is typically made from pork or chicken, slow-cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns.

• PAXson

It is a known Philippine dish. There is Adobong Manok (chicken adobo) or Adobong Baboy (pork adobo). It could get a bit greasy and but tastes well. Sorry it does'nt use any tomato ingredients. I am curious why post this message here? Should'nt you be posting this question in a food category or something?

adobo? I like adobo. Its a pork or chicken adobo mixed with many ingredients. Im from the Philippines.

It's a common Filipino dish.

Ingredients commonly include: soy sauce, garlic, laurel leaves & pepper & pork if it's pork adobo or chicken if it's chicken adobo or milkfish etc...

Sometimes they also add vinegar to make it a bit sour or sugar to make it a bit sweet...

It's really good & very easy to do.

In the Philippines, adobo is basically pork sauteed in garlic then simmered and tenderized in soy sauce and vinegar then spiced up with black corn pepper and laurel leaves. Another common variety would be chicken or chicken liver with gizzard.

I tell you for what I know. Adobo in Puerto Rico is like seasoning salt. The most famous is Goya...

It's a tomato sauce that is used to store hot chipotle peppers in. It's mexican..but I'm not sure what else it's used for...with the peppers it's super hot.

Its a Spanish seasoning used on meats, poultry and potatoes.

food

i like cake.