Why does my sound and video not match up when burning DVD's?

I use Nero Vision burning DVD's at 16x speed. Sometimes ill get a bit of delay when I burn it, the sound will come out and 3 seconds later the video will come out. How can I correct this?

Favorite Answer

I've come upon this before. Two different solutions for two different problems: 1) I did not have the right codecs installed, and, 2) in the second instance, there was an issue with my PC and my DVD burner. I was trying to burn directly to DVD which was causing problems. When I first burned the image to disk in Nero, then burned the image to DVD, the sound/video mismatch disappeared.

Hope this helps.

I think this is encode time clock error, maybe you can try another better software, you can try RZ DVD Creator, I am using it, and no sync problem, it can create 5.1 AC-3 surround sound DVD from any videos, it can directly convert any videos to standard video DVD and burn to any DVD disc(DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-DL, DVD+DL, etc), the burned video DVD can be played well on home DVD player with good video and audio quality, you can yahoo or google search and download RZ DVD Creator, work well on my computer, easy to use, good quality, hope it can you. by the way, adding menu never can affect the sound!