who is the two women that is blessed and play an important role in the gospel today?

Favorite Answer

Mary the mother of Jesus and her cousin Elizabeth the mother of John the Baptist.

I have to agree with Maryegypt and Anastasia.

The gospel according to Luke begins with the angel Gabriel announcing the birth of John the Baptist to the priest Zechariah (also called Zachary in some translations), whose wife, Elizabeth, was in old age (for the time, I'd guesstimate maybe her late 30's or early 40's, given the short lifespan in the first century) and had yet to bear a child. Zechariah didn't believe it, and was struck dumb.

About six months later, Gabriel appeared to Elizabeth's cousin, Mary, to announce to her that God had chosen her to bring His Son into the world. Unlike Zechariah, Mary didn't express doubt, but she wondered (naturally) how she could become pregnant while still a virgin. Gabriel told her, essentially, that God could perform such a miracle, and also announced to her that Elizabeth was not only pregnant (at her age, no less), but six months gone. Mary responded in simple faith, and went at once to visit Elizabeth.

When she arrived, the child Elizabeth was carrying "leaped for joy" when his mother heard her young cousin's greeting.

It goes without saying that both of these extraordinary babies grew up to be extraordinary men.

Source(s): Luke 1:5-2:20
  • I believe that it is the Virgin Mary and Elizabeth Mary's cousin who is the mother of John the Baptist. Mary visited Elizabeth when she was with child with Jesus .

Anastasia

Well, I suppose it depends on who you ask, but the two women that I feel are blessed and who fill me with the spirit, are Michelle Wild and Katie Fey. If they aren't living proof of God, then nothing is.

joyce meyers is one and the second is not tammy fye baker