Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How DO I Burn an ISO of Windows XP???

Ok so I have a Windows XP ISO and I wanna burn it and make it bootable but what Program can i do this with??? Oh and will i be able to burn it into a CD-R????

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

u could use nero or any app that has an image burning section ... and it really depends on where the iso came from and if whoever made it was savy enough to image the boot information into it ... but if u know it does not have the boot info then u need an app that can create a bootable disk like nero or magic-iso ... then u need somthing to get the boot info off of like a retail XP disk, u could probably download a boot "bin" ... or u could use a bootable floppy to create one ... so, how i would do it is put a boot floppy in the drive and direct the app to it to create a boot bin ... open the rest of the files from ur disk up then create a bootable disk ... magic iso is a good if u can locate it ... and u can burn to watever u want if u do it that way ... but if u have an iso of a cd, which u prolly do, then u need to burn it to a cd .. and like i mentioned .. if it was made correctly u should just be able to straight burn it in the image burning section of the app and it should work.

• 1 decade ago

Here is a free one for you and it works great. I have been beta testing Windows Vista and have had to burn the ISO for each release.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr...

• 1 decade ago

Sure! All you need is NERO. You run NERO and choose make data CD, choose "Burn Image to Disk" and you're all set.

• 1 decade ago

Yes u can burn on a cd use NERO BURNING to burn iso.

http://www.nero.com/eng/index.html

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • wathen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

study the help part of img burn . you do be attentive to if this is a working laptop or computing device from makers mutually with Dell , compaq , gateway .you do no longer % a disk to reformat the computing device they comprise a restore partition

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.