What is better for me? Pressed powder or loose powder?

I'm 15 years and I want to try either pressed or loose powder to control my shine. My face is quite oily and I don't know which is better for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It's my first time trying out cosmetics. I want one that doesn't clog my pores to cause breakouts on my face.

Favorite Answer

Good Lord, stick with the pressed. If your powder gets loose, you may never recapture it ! And I'm sure you don't want to be known as the girl with the loose powder.

Pressed

i always seem to go over the top with press powder and i always end up look cakey so id say use the loose powder it will control your shine and oil and you wont look like your wearing alot of makeup and loose powder never clogs up your skin

I like true mineral makeup because it doesn't clog your pores and it has built in SPF in it. they have both loose and pressed. the loose provides a dewy finish and the pressed provides a more matte finish i like the pressed its less messy and it helps the oil shine stay away for 8 hours or so then i only have to re apply in my t area every 8 hours.

Source(s): http:www.truecosmetics.com to find a salon near you that has it

You can use either. I suggest that whatever you decide you apply it with a powder brush instead of a sponge. Mary Kay has a great product that removes shine called Oil Mattifier and they also have Beauty Blotters that you can remove oil from your face without messing up your makeup. Hope this helps.

Source(s): www.marykay.com

pressed powder is used more as a foundation I would suggest you use loose powder for shine control just use something close to you skin tone

Oh, you sed that youve got kinda oily face! First you should use a face cream whith hydro-balance system, who eliminates the sebum excess.

And I think that pressed powder is much better than the loose one!

Good luck and merry Christmass!

I use foundation the put on loose powder-(bare minimals)

Then I put on my blusher/bronzer and then dust over my face again with pressed powder-(Rimmel London)

The pressed powder has really controlled my shine. It is the translucent powder and makes my skin look really nice. I couldn't believe the difference it made to the look of my skin!!!

Pressed powder is a whole lot better. Loose powder is too light and it is only suitable to set your makeup.

• Cocoa

The pressed power will be best for you oily skin. But make sure you throughly clean your face and use an astringent before applying any makeup