what is an antoclave?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you meant an autoclave, it is a machine which uses pressurised steam at high temperatures to sterilise medical/surgical equipment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1,400 Grams of an aqueous solution containing 0.5% by weight of trifluoromethane sulfonic acid were placed in a 3 liter titanium-lined antoclave and was heated to 290.degree.

A recent procedure4c using a heterogeneous catalyst, MCM-TBD shows much improvement. However, this reaction needs to be run in an antoclave at 90oC for 15 h and the catalyst MCM-TBD is not commercially available and is prepared through a series of operations requiring 60 h.4c

Ultracold freezers and an antoclave are located on the 5th floor (Rm. 508) of the Worrell Building. An additional ultracold freezer is on the 3rd floor of the Peters Optometry Building.

these are the usage of word antoclave I managed to find. If you are in this field you can hopefully understand what it is from these lines.

• 1 decade ago

Autoclaves are usually used for sterilization of medical utensils, but there are other types of autoclaves without steam. One that I did see was about ten feet in diameter and 35 feet long. It was used to cure the rubber cement in lifeboats and escape ramps on passenger planes. Rubber Fabricators, a Division of B.F. Goodrich had one.

• 1 decade ago

I think you mean autoclave.

It's a machine that sterilizes equipment for medical, dental, or other uses, like tattoo and piercing shops.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

is it autoclave?its a machine for sterilization

• 1 decade ago

its where millions of deadly ants call their home

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.