How can one be centered in oneself and not self centered?

This question will separate the sheep from the shepherds!

Favorite Answer

BAH.

"Centered on oneself" implies self-confidence, inner peace, and being comfortable in your skin. This also implies, to me at least, the inner strength to reach out to another when it's necessary.

"Self-centered" implies an immature concentration on your own needs, to the exclusion of all else. This also implies an inability to see the needs of others.

Do I get a crook or am I sheared?

By the way, do sheep shrink when it rains?

A person can practice meditation to become centred in oneself. After some time and effort, he or she can think less of their past experiences or possible future experiences and instead consider the suffering of others with the possibility of developing compassion for those others.

by meditation

one becomes centered in oneself and further away from being self centered

smile

good luck

When you are truly centered in oneself you will no longer be self centered. So thats easy!

The one that is healed WITHIN,

has the most to GIVE.............

Lavida Rose

being self centered is believing that everyone else is responsible for your happiness and well being

centered in oneself is believing that you are responsible for your own happiness and well being

When that person bases his/her decisions off of their own morals and ethics. But,still values the input from others, and takes it into account.

(not what is just only best for him/her. But, considers others as well.)

I'm perfect.