I need espcific deffinition to civil engineering.?

Favorite Answer

In modern usage, civil engineering is a broad field of engineering that deals with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, or public works, as they related to earth, water, or civilization and their processes. Most civil engineering today deals with roads, structures, water supply, sewer, flood control and traffic.

I don't know about a definition, but a civil engineer does things like city blueprints and probably spends a lot of time looking for things to fix. Civil Engineering is trying to get public places to work right on every level.

Source(s): One of my textbooks (I forget which one)

originally the whole of non-military engineering at the time of the founding of the ICE in 1825. It includes land drainage, water supply, rivers, canals, harbours, docks, marine construction, water power, sewage disposal, sewerage, bridges, tunnels, railways, roads, traffic engineering, foundations, airports, municipal engineering, soil mechanics, structural design, town planning and transportation engineering.

ofcourse one can always check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_engineering

which states:

In modern usage, civil engineering is a broad field of engineering that deals with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, or public works, as they are related to earth, water, or civilization and their processes. Most civil engineering today deals with power plants, bridges, roads, railways, structures, water supply, irrigation, the natural environment, sewer, flood control, transportation and traffic.

Hope this answers your question. Regards

Tufail Ali Zubedi

Source(s): Dictionary of Civil Engineering by John S. Scott http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_engineering

You could use dictionary.com or Websters.com for a technical definition, but here is mine.

Civil engineering is engineering of objects and projects that that average person could use or encounter on an everyday basis. Examples would be bridges, buildings (designing them is architecture but making them stand up is civil engineering), roadways, pipe lines (such as water, sewer, and gas).

Source(s): My college rommate was a Civil Engineer and I was an Architect.