Recording Documents with the county recorder?

Judgment of Dissolution of marriage, Marratal settelment aggrement, Deed, Deed of Trust.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Recordable instruments such as deeds should always be recorded with the County Recorder (or whomever performs that function in your jurisdiction) as soon as possible after full execution of the document. In certain situations, the date that the document is recorded (rather than the date the document was fully executed) determines the priority of things such as property liens, etc.

    The recording process is a way of letting the world know that the transaction noted in the document has indeed taken place and is publicly recognized as such.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.