How can I Modify/design a crystal report in VB.Net at runtime?

I am building a VB.Net application, and I want to give the user the ability to design or modify exisisting crystal reports in that application. Basically I want to give him access to the CR desginer at runtime. I searched all online references without any results.. Thanks

• Jeff B
    Favorite Answer

I found the answer to your question via the Business Objects website. See the link below and refer to page 4 of the PDF. The feature you desire is listed under the Report Integration heading and is referred to as "Report creation and modification SDKs

(Java, .NET and COM)".

The feature is available with Crystal Reports XI Developer and Crystal Reports XI Server. You'll need to use the SDKs.

Jeff

I don't think Crystal report has any such option. You'll have to provide UI where the user can key in the required input and your code can control the displayed content.

Alternative could be that they have the Crystal report application and design reports as and when needed.

• marrs

I reported somebody for asking a racist question some week in the past , yet then I figured if I stayed out of the racist area of Y!A i does no longer get pissed & i does no longer checklist human beings. Crotchless underclothes.