Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

what should I take as a gift to my gf parents? It’s the first time I will meet them and they don’t drink?

Favorite Answer

something irish would be nice, so that they can share your culture. a small decorative figurine for their home might be nice.

or what about a nice coffee table book with photos of ireland? try to bring your childhood photos so you can show them your family and you can have something to talk about.

good luck!

I have to agree with the guy above. You should bring something representative of your culture. That would be really appreciated. Maybe some Irish poetry like a book of Yeats. I think almost anything from the Cashs of Ireland catalogue would be great. Maybe some small nice piece of Waterford crystal. You could add in local chocolates and other food items and the coffee table book is a good idea too. Good luck.

Have I missed something? How do we know you are Irish? I would first ask girlfriend for suggestion. ("I'd like to bring something to your folks when I meet them: what are they into or what do you suggest"). If she has no suggestions, it kind of depends upon where they live, how old they are. If you have no guidance whasoever, it's pretty hard to go wrong with flowers or a potted plant that can continue to grow indoors is even better. Secondly, you could do a nice selection of fresh fruit in a basket. Third would be a nice selection of chocolates from a nice candy shop.

Well since you didn't explain what there into just what there not. Then I would ask your gf she might now cause they are her parents. but if you don't then I would maybe take like a food basket or some flowers for her mom. But if I was you I would try asking your gf cause she knows what they would like and what to give to make a good first impression.

• S

Ive always liked giving gifts to families that are simple, and that they can all enjoy and share, like something from Harry and David, or some chocolates.

A box of candy is always a nice gift - it's friendly and unassuming.

Flowers for her mom.. Skip the gift.

you should meet her their. so that you can give her some roses. it's not what you bring her parents it's what you give to her. parents want to know that the guy that their daughter is dating has respect and cares about her. trust me i went through the same stuff with my parents. its all about their daughter.

I would say a book, a glas of wine, a cd with songs, a writing set

How about taking them a set of nude photographs of their daughter?