Will an internship for a plastic surgeon improve my chances of being admitted to Med school?

I have the chance to intern for a plastic surgeon during my undergraduate years of college. I want to go to Med school at UCLA, UC Davis, or UCSF.

Do you think my internship will impress the admissions department, or help at all with getting into the school? Or will it just be a waste of time?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

yes it will! you should do it. you have to remember that most of those applying have the same grades and s.a.t scores as you do. this will set you apart and give you an edge. but during the interview be ready to answer questions like "is plastic surgery the Field that you plan to internship in after med school".

good luck.