Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

What are the beds called that you can fold, take apart?

I need a flexible, modern bed that I can fold and carry easily to a dorm or to an apartment.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Those uncomfortable, impossible to setup tools of the devil you refer to are called "cots". 8 years in the Army will teach you that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are you talking about the folding beds on wheels that hospitals and hotels have for visitors and extra guests? If so, we just call those folding beds at the hospital where I work. I'm not so sure it would be easy to take.

A futon definitely would not be easy. They are heavy and cumbersome. Sofa beds are so hard to move that I once left one in a apartment rather than hire someone to help move it. They unfold when you turn them on their sides. There are new air mattresses on the market now that are very tall and easy to carry. My experience with those has been that I was touching the floor in the morning because of air loss, but maybe these thicker ones are better.

I'm not really sure why you need it at a dorm. My dorms always already had all the furniture that could fit in it. It was hard to get a fridge in there. Even if you could get it in there, there are others in the room who might not appreciate you crowding it up.

• 1 decade ago

It's called a cot. I can't guarantee that you can get some sleep in those though.

• 1 decade ago

I guess you can use a sofa bed. It's basically a sofa that's convertible to a bed come nighttime.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sporting good/camping store. $70.00 super comfy. roll up like a sleeping bag. can't remember the name.

• 1 decade ago

I think you are thinking of a futon.

• 1 decade ago

futon are great for that

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

futons are great

• 1 decade ago

a cot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.