Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

in c programming what do this statement mean:- int * ?

i know if we use " int *p " that means it is a pointer.

but what int * means. and when do we use this.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

here * denotes that it is not a normal variable like any other variables it holds an address of a int variable

pointers can be used in case if ur program uses printers.........

and dynamic programs also use pointers............

pointers are so usefull

may be ur new to programming

if u have any doubts aske me online

My yahoo ID is rgunday@yahoo.com

• 5 years ago

You need to read up on C a bit more - int is one of the built-in data types in C and it is a signed integer. When you see "int main" you are declaring that the int function returns a value of type int.

• 1 decade ago

most programing languages have a structure to how to code stuff.

in c programming and many others you specify variables by first given then a type say 'int' then the variable name say 'p' then you assign it a value if you want. in this case ('int *') will indicate that the variable will be an integer pointer. But if you just leave 'int*' by itself withouth giving it a variable name. it won't compile and you get a compiler error.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.