Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I tried the restrictions thru IE but can still access the site, trying to block "my space"?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Add the exact URL that you wish to block to your HOSTS file. Instead of giving it an IP address to connect to , direct it to 127.0.0.1 (the localhost for your own computer.)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

IE still to dumb actually, it wont let you block a specific site. If you want to totally block a specific site it is going to be kinda "geekey" You are going to need the command prompt and a firewall that lets you block a specific IP address. First get a firewall, personially I use the Sygate Personial firewall, google search it, its free, but there is a better one you can buy if you want, after that is downloaded, go to the start menu, run, type "CMD" to bring the dos/command prompt window. Then use the ping utility to ping www.myspace.com Do not use the HTTP:// in front of the address. Tell the firewall to unblock the program and it will go. The ping utility will then give you the IP address of the website. Write this down and go into your firewall, in options, go advanced rulls, click Ok to the two boxes that pop up, then hit Add. Then click the Ports and Protocols tab and select the IP Type from the drop down, this is where you put the IP address, make sure the first tab says Block which it is by default and hit OK, hit OK again and close the firewall, then test. It should work fine.

Source(s): A+, Network + certified
  • 1 decade ago

In inernet explorer 7 go to inernet options,click on the 'Content' tab then Enable 'Content Advisor' and click on 'Approved Sites' . Write down www.mypace.com then just click never. This will disallow use or myspace on that good computer. IF you are using a different browser, you can probably do somethign very similar to what i just said. good luck.

• 1 decade ago

use a firewall

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.