promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

How many shots of Vodka is in a Smirnoff Black?

335ml (I think), 7% Alc/Vol. How many standard shots? No guesses please, just facts. Thanks!

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    OK. One standard "shot" of vodka is 1.5 fluid ounces.

    Proof of vodka and most distilled spirits is 40% alcohol by volume.

    So, 40% of 1.5 fl. oz of pure vodka would be 0.6 fl. oz of vodka in the shot. The other 60% would be water and impurities from fermentation and distillation.

    Now, for the Smirnoff Black if it is 335ml and 7% (your numbers).

    335ml=11.33 fl. oz. 7% of 11.33 fl. oz is roughly .8 fl. oz.

    Now, to answer your original question. Well, .6 fluid oz of .8 fl. oz is 3/4 or .75% This means that the Smirnoff Black has 25% more alcohol than a standard shot.

    Source(s): shot glass - distillation process -
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Ask somebody from Harlem.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.