Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I have frizzy, puffy hair. I want to use a chemical straightener. good or bad?

is it going to have any effects, a friend of mine used it and his hair looked smooth, dark, and silky. but wut is it going to do in the long run

Favorite Answer

Anything that contains chemicals is bad but then again doesnt just about everthing in our daily lives possessing one thing or another? its better to limit your uses of chemicals if you can.

Use Herbal Essences "None of Your Frizziness" line of products (shampoo, conditioner, leave in creme). Then comb through your hair and let dry naturally without touching it with your fingers. Or, after using those products, pull it back and let it dry, then use a straightener on it. If you use a straightener, pull the top 2/3 of your hair up, straighten the bottom layer, then pull that layer back into a ponytail. Undo the top part and get the middle 1/3 of your hair down. Straighten that and add it to the ponytail of straightened hair. Then do the top layer. After all is straightened, let it all down and comb through.

BAD!!! What I suggest is buying the book "Curly Girls", while teaches how to properly take care of curly hair. Most professionals don't even know anything about it. Anyway, the author knows her stuff and I haven't had any problems with my hair since I started doing what the book says. I actually get complimented all the time now that I stopped staightening my hair.

It looks good for awhile, but it can be very damaging in the long run, and it can be expensive to maintain.

If you are interested in taking care of your curly hair without straightening or relaxing it, check out the site below.

very bad,some chemical straighteners can make your hair worse. trust me on this,Good flat iron will do great if you by the right one that gets hot enough. Try the wet2straight by Remington.I have one,it works really great.By the way Have the same problem.

hi there..just do more hair treatment on yo frizzy hair..you will look good after you straightener yo hair..but if you don take kare it will get worse..you muz spend alot of money to take kare the straightening hair..after you new hair start growing this is wad will happen"the lower part of yo hair will be straight but the new growing hair will be wavey,curl it depends on yo hair type"because i try it before and i regret..as i also have frizzy n puffy hair..one of my frenz is a hair-dresser suggest me to dye darker colour and do more treatmemt..most importantly is use the right shampoo..you don need veri expensive hair treatment jz a normal type wer you can get in the supermarket..

good luck..hee..=)

Bad. I did it, and my hair looked good for like 5 years, then it just began to fall out, and break and look terrible. Now I have to cut it ALL and start from scratch.

depends on your hair type.. could be very damaging... could be just fine. you can get it professionally done for under $100... which is well worth the money if it means your hair will be protected!!

• because of the chemicals, your hair might fall....personally thats not an option

Source(s): a retard

It is OK if you REALLY need it that much by the way see this webpage maybe u will find some advices: http://hairstyles.virtual-hairstyles.com/virtual_h...