Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

what do you think of the movie "Secretary"? is sado/massochism okay as long as it is mutual?

I Loved maggie gyllenhaal and james spader in this movie. such odd acting parts and age gaps, but somehow it worked

sorry reword that last sentence. of course the pleasure is mutual...but when is enough enough?... An S & M relationship is very ecccentric

• LORD Z
    Favorite Answer

I thought th movie was refreshing in an otherwise boring comedy market this film hit on a new nerve.

As for S&M, it seems to me that a subscriber to either extreme need only be limited by their willingness to participate in a relationship with someone of the other extreme.

At least that is what the movie seems to be saying. It seems to be saying that there is a normal even to the abnormal. That norm is the shared desire to make the other person happy. I think that is what Spader's character needs to learn and Gyllenhaal's character already understands.

I liked the movie too. I think S/M is okay as long as it is between two consenting adults. If someone can find a relationship with a person who has a complimentary fetish--it's probably better than okay. I would even say preferred.

When is enough, enough? I think that should be decided by each individual in each relationship. My "too much" might be someone else's "not enough."

that movie is weird, for pervs only