what do you think of the movie "Secretary"? is sado/massochism okay as long as it is mutual?

I Loved maggie gyllenhaal and james spader in this movie. such odd acting parts and age gaps, but somehow it worked

Update:

sorry reword that last sentence. of course the pleasure is mutual...but when is enough enough?... An S & M relationship is very ecccentric

3 Answers

Relevance
  • LORD Z
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I thought th movie was refreshing in an otherwise boring comedy market this film hit on a new nerve.

As for S&M, it seems to me that a subscriber to either extreme need only be limited by their willingness to participate in a relationship with someone of the other extreme.

At least that is what the movie seems to be saying. It seems to be saying that there is a normal even to the abnormal. That norm is the shared desire to make the other person happy. I think that is what Spader's character needs to learn and Gyllenhaal's character already understands.

• 1 decade ago

I liked the movie too. I think S/M is okay as long as it is between two consenting adults. If someone can find a relationship with a person who has a complimentary fetish--it's probably better than okay. I would even say preferred.

When is enough, enough? I think that should be decided by each individual in each relationship. My "too much" might be someone else's "not enough."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that movie is weird, for pervs only

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.