college class difficulty?

hey everybody I had a question for those of you out there. I'm about to start community college in january, and was wondering if I should take Intro to Psychology or Intro to Sociology in my first semester. I want to know which course is harder than the other. My only other class this semester is english comp. Any advice would be helpful.

Favorite Answer

From my experience and the experience of my friends who are also in college, Intro to Sociology is probadly the easiest out of the two. Of course, I personally find sociology a little more interesting and easier to understand than Psychology, although both are very great subjects. Intro to Psychology, depending on the professor, can be pretty challenging and a little time consuming for the first semester freshman, as it may require research labs, alot of information and concepts to memorize and research papers. It all depends on what you are more interested in. That is the course that you are going to do well in, no matter who teaches it.

Sociology is usually easier. There is not as much theory and research involved. There are not as many names and numbers to remember either. In my intro to Sociology course, we just watched a lot of wierd movies and had to write 1 page reflections on them. Then we had a social deviation project where we just had to break a societal rule and briefly write about the reactions of others.

My intro to Psych class was a lot harder. We had more exams and not a lot of class interaction.

psychology is more interesting but of course is harder.. but since the other paper you are taking is english, then it should not be too hard for you to cope with psychology.... then again, u need to see what your interest are... no point taking something that you have no interest at all....

go to rate my professors.com and check out the professors..see what you think and then go from there. Psych. was hard for me ..it deals with theory's ..not facts...sociology was easy..but that doesn't mean it will be that way for you...Depends on the teacher and how you learn...check out that site

i would do sociology first, its a little more basic than psychology i think.

• tellme

It really depends on the teacher. Seriously!

"

Ask around...other students would know which class is easier.