Does Yahoo Answers provide a sense of community?

Do you feel more connected to people when using Yahoo Answers? Much like this very question, I often find questions that can be answered with opinions rather than facts. Was this their original intent, or has it morphed to that?

I am blown away by the amount of questions asked and the rate at which they are posted. If I were being completely truthful, I am starting to feel addicted to checking for new questions that look fun to answer. Anyone else feel the same?

Favorite Answer

I think it brings people together in a sense of community ..I think there are alot of mean sprited people out there that give cruddy answerrs on purpose but there are alot that are caring giving loving people and also want a sense of belonging and they feel like they are a part of something greater.i for one feel that when I give an answer it may not be the correct answer..or a professional one but its the best thoughts I can have on the subject and I pray at night that it will help someone somewhere.. its what we are all about being there for someone else.. thats what life is about.. Yes I enjoy it too and really I think that we all can learn from interesting questions and share our opinions .I am not sure what yahoos orginal quest was for this but im greatful I found it.It take my mind off my troubles and alot of times I find that i have no troubles compared to many on here..

I enjoy it, there are many things out there that are asked and its great to read other peoples opinions. Its really nice when it is a sensitive subject, and you can answer what you think (as long as most people keep the nastiness out of it) and I think it builds understanding, getting to see others viewpoints.

I like the absurd ones too, almost a hoot to see who has the most clever answer!

Oh, Yeesss, darling. I am very connected on Answers. It's a great thing. It occasionally happens that every now and then, someone may write to you, or you write to them, and a friendship is started between like minds.

Well, many of the questions are framed that way and you cannot control the caliber of answer that is given