Please check if this really from Yahoo?

I recieved mail from Yahoo "YOU WON $500! Yahoo! Mail congratulates you!, please get your money" . The message is that "Yahoo! Mail gives members random cash prizes. Today, your account has been selected as the one of 12 top winners accounts who will get cash prizes from us. Please click the link below and follow instructions on our web site. Your money will be paid directly to your e-gold, PayPal, StormPay or MoneyBookers account".

I tried to go in but I am required to pay USD 8.75 for the premium member of "Yahoo! Games" to the account 3901625 (3516968 Yahoo! Games). I need Yahoo staff to verify and confirm if this the real activity from real Yahoo and this is real e-gold account number of Yahoo for that activity. Please kindly help me to check.

Sorry that I'm unable to attach the said mail, I tried so many times but it fails to send out .

Thank you very much,

Sura

Favorite Answer

As soon as they asked you to pay money to them before they gave the "free" money to you, you should have known it was a scam. That's a classic scam tactic.

Good on you for checking before giving them your money....

• kevin

show me the link i can tell u if its genuine or not

• Spam !!!