Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

I gave her my phone number, but she didn't give me hers. What does this mean?

Well, there's this girl I met last week at this party. She's a friend of my ex-roommate. My roommate had a party at the house because my roommate was moving far away. I talked this girl for a while. I'm getting interested in her. She came to the house for a little while each day after that. She was visiting my roommate each time, but I would talk to her for a few minutes each time. I think she's interested in me.

On the day when my roommate was leaving, that girl came by again. She came to say goodbye to my roommate. I figured this is my last chance to ask her out. Right before she left, I asked her if she wanted to hang out after the holidays. She asked me for my phone number and I saw her put it in her phone, but she didn't give me hers. She said I'll get the number when she calls me.

What does this mean? Is she serious about hanging out with me or what?

By the way, my ex-roommate was a female. (she was already taken)

Favorite Answer

It's one of two things...

1...she could be like "I'll look into it"...as in she would think about it and when it came down to it she would have total control over the situation. If she calls...then you'll have her number. See how that works?

Or...

2. She just took it. She might have seen it as you were a cool guy and no harm in holding on to your number.

Just wait it out. She'll come around.

Means if she's interested then she will call you, if she's not than she won't.

If she gave you her number then she would do that knowing that you fully plan on calling her, and then she would have to decide to accept you or deny you - which could potentially be bad if she doesn't have the same interest you do. It's easier for her if she has your number because she is in control and the decision is hers based on her feelings, since yours are already apparent.

You'll get your answer sooner or later, and no one here can give you a definite yes or no on that. Some women are just leary about giving out their phone numbers. Some women take phone numbers just to be nice with no intention of calling. But if you saw her enter it into her phone, she's probably at least thinking about calling you.

• She might be seeing someone and not want another guy to call her.

You should've asked your roommmate about her friends status before she moved away.

Sorry, but you are just going to have to wait and see if she calls to find out the answer to this question.

As at now i think she aint ready to hang out with you could be becouse she isnt sure how your room mate would react. just hang on you might become her future conforter the day she will have problems who knows you might even capitalise on it.

She may be interested but just involved right now...just be cool and wait till she calls..

When I do that, they call me right when they enter the number.

• tellme

It means you just have to wait to find out. Stop speculating and analyzing...give it some time!

She doesn't know if she likes you or not.

She doesn't want you to bother her if she doesn't.

But she if she does she wants to be able to call you.

Otherwise she might be playing hard to get.

Making you wonder...

It's all up to her...

just remember to ask next time.