Are there people who don't get along with their family members.?

For whatever reason it is, be it brother, sister etc.. How do you cope? They say you can't pick your family members.

Favorite Answer

Yeah well, my Sister and I used to be best friends and I haven't talked to her in 16 years over some stupid little argument... I don't even remember. So, yeah... I'm pretty good.

Well personally I don't have that problem.But if you and your family have problems you need to try to work it out.I know it sounds cliche,but friends can ditch you,you boyfriend/girlfriend can ditch you,but family is always there.But don't take it too fast.Try little by little to work things out,like cook your family a nice dinner and talk about what you did that day while you eat it.If you live far from your family pick up the phone and give them a call.Even though you might not get along they're your family and they love you.

I haven't seen my mother or my sister in about ten years...I cope just fine. I have very close loving friends who are my family, I have two step sisters who are part of my family. If we were strangers meeting for the first time I would never consider either my mother or my sister as potiential friends. They are not the type of people I would choose to be friends with, so they are simply not a part of my life.

Yesss! My brother for the past year me and him have been enemies like no other how i cope with it? well basically grin and bare until he moves out of the house by the way hes 20 years old any has dropped out of college twice already

we do not extremely communicate it a lot in my kin. from time to time my mom will inquire from me a question referring to my beliefs, yet frequently reacts with an oh that's exciting kind of approach, my mother and father have under no circumstances harrassed me about it extremely, my brothers take and espresso shot yet that's thier difficulty, i do not ought to take it up, and that i do not, so it basically kind of lays there at the same time as they do this. i'm getting alongside with them fantastic prevalent, although. i'm of a thoroughly diverse faith than them, there has been an occasional breakdown of communication, besides the indisputable fact that it under no circumstances in touch faith.

• mimi

My mom likes to always start crap with me..and I live in my own place..We get into some pretty heated arguments but she is just the sweetest to my brother and sister..I think its because I'm the middle child..boy am I f.u.c.k.e.d.

Try to adjust and keep the family together, else someday in future we would not be treated as social animal but beasts.

Plenty of people don't get on with their family's. I've been much better off since i got out on my own.

Get out and make a new life and new friends, you wont regret it.

me and my dad do not get along. i recently stopped talking to him back in july and as hard as it was it was what was best for me. i am much much happier now and i am actually living a better life. before i was so angry all the time and taking my issues out on other parts of my life, like my relationship with my boyfriend. ever since i ended things with my dad my relationship has gotten so much better and i have gotten a lot happier. i also dont get along with my step dad or my mom very much, they threw me out of the house when i was seventeen and i lived in my car for awhile, it sucked. i see them every once in awhile and talk to my mom sometimes and as hard as it was to forgive all of them i do but forgiveness is something you do for you and them, it doesnt mean you have to deal with them anymore or anything. so you should try to forgive your family for whatever they do, but in the end if its better to just cut them out of your life as harsh as that seems you gotta do what you gotta do. make yourself happy because if you try to go thru life pleasing other people you will never ever be happy. i lived for 20 years until i finally realized that and decided to do it and like i said before i have honestly never been happier.

Source(s): personal experiance

I have been estranged from my father for 13 years. He was an abusive man. Been much happier without him.