Habbit of cracking knuckles + Stuck ring + 1 size to small to begin with HELLP!!!!?

OKay i had a lapse in judgement and i tried on this ring that i got 2 years ago. It was sized for my middle finger 2 years ago. And since then my hand has grown and i have got into the habbit of cracking my knuckles. I was stupid and i slipped it onto my middle finger. And even below my knuckle it is tight. but i cant get it off! i dont want to get it wet becuase its really nice and i dontwant to ruin is do you have any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

it is not from cracking your knuckles. put soap on your finger and slide it off.

No, I don't. My nervous habit is much worse. (If you wanna know, it's that I bite my fingernails to the quick, then I start munching on my cuticles...) My fiance's daughter is a knuckle cracker. I was always told that cracking your knuckles would lead to lots of problems with arthritis and rheumatism, when I got to be older. I never have delved into it, but I guess for my step-daughter's sake, I ought to.

without getting it wet leaves you with only one option and thats cutting it off which I don't think you want to do . If the ring is made of gold or silver just go ahead and get it wet it will not harm the ring any and use some soap if need be .

Try butter or lotion. If it is still too tight, you can try soaking your hand in ice water to shrink your finger a bit and try the butter or lotion again. If that still doesn't work, you may find your self in the Emergency Room having it cut off. If it is that tight, it may be cutting off circulation.

Leave it on,. My wife purchased me a Mens one carat diamond ring and I swithched fingers and now it is lost. She still hasn;t let up on me about it and claims I went to a pawn shop.

to shrink your finger you must get it very cold...use ice and the swelling will go down. breathe deeply and relax...it will come off.

You can also put some vaseline on finger jsut before you remove it. After finger is COLD

Well you are going to have to get it wet..... lol try the old butter trick..... and well if after awhile you REALLY cant get it off you might have to cut it off. And they can melt it back together if you have to cut it off.

soapy water (just make sure the drain is plugged). lotion. baby oil. butter, vegetable oil. any of these things will help it come off.