Do you agree that rock music is just a bunch of noise?

To me it sounds like a bunch of guys screaming and making terrible noise.

Favorite Answer

I disagree. I love rock.

Source(s): macro

all music is just noise. the noise goes to the ears and is recognized by the cognitive part of our minds as noise then the reactive part of our minds gives the noise a value of either negative, positive or neutral, then either a pleasant, unpleasant or neutral sensation/s arise on the body. Then we react to the sensations with either craving, aversion or indifference. Something like that. Another good question is why do people have different tastes(judgements) in music or anything else?

Ms. Dangerous, if anything your name sounds like a bunch of noise. Rock comes in all types. But i must say SOME heavy metal and punk is nerve racking sometimes. I love all music. Everyone is different however and if you do not get it, or like it....then thas a damn shame.

No I don't agree. Try listening to John Fogerty, ZZ-top, Old Rolling stones, Traffic, Cream, etc. They all have a great beat to dance to and at 51 I'd rather go out with the girls and burn some fat than stay home and watch silly reality shows...now that's noise.

Yes. to me that is what hard rock is and I don't like it, however soft rock, some of it is okay, but I prefer Country/ Western, Easy listening, spiritual and Classical (Mozart, Beethovan, Brahams, etc.) and I love almost any instumental.

Hey, my daughter and I decided we were going to have a Rock Band, and one of the songs was going to be screaming"You little Bastards, I'm gonna kick your @ss," etc. and we were going to have my soft spoken older sister, singing in the background going, "You bad, bad children, you bad, bad children", etc. I think it would make the top of the charts. What do you think??? lol

Oh my God you sound like my mother! She hates rock music. Personally, I think there's nothing more exciting than hearing a Robert Plant or Roger Daltrey scream!

• zen

Nope

• ?

absolutely not - but thats the way jazz sounds to me - like a bunch of guys who don't know how to play the song.

Depends on the band - some of it is, but some of it is good stuff.

You cannot make blanket statements about any kind of music/

No, but I agree that you're just an ignorant b*tch who would probably rather listen to pseudo-music like cRAP. It's a shame that there are people out there who cannot comprehend the sheer genius of bands like Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Disturbed, Korn, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana... you know, music with MEANING and DEPTH.