Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is the best way to live and work in america Im from syria and living in Emirates?

8 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    no dont come here,,,theres no work for you here,,nothing at all

  • t S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Depends on what you do for a living. If you are a unskilled laborer-you will not get in.

    Skilled, (computer programmer, engineer) then there is a better possibility, but still not great. IN either of those cases you would need a company to sponsor you (Just like in UAE).

    If you are a buisness man/investor then the options open up a bit more, as mentioned above.

    The fact you are Syrian does pose a problem. The Syrian government is a listed "state sponsor of terrorism" . Part of the restrictions placed on Syria is more restrictions on immigration.

    Go to the US consulate in Dubia and request an appointment to inquire a visa. I don't know why you would want to leave the Emirates, quite a nice place, very comfortable, for arabs like yourself, maybe not for Indians and other unskilled labor. Although I know the cost of housing is just outrageously high the last couple of years.

  • 1 decade ago

    you can have either the Green card or a student visa, "i don't know about Syrian nationality"

    the green card has only 4 ways to be able to get it:

    1. Have a first level relative (brother, sister, mother, father) that has the American citizenship.

    2. you have at least 1 million dollars and willing to invest there and start a business

    3. Your married to or about to get married to a person who holds the American citizenship.

    4. Diversity visa lottery which is every year they give out 55 000 visas.

    or you can get a student visa for a certain degree then you will have to comply with its requirements and then hope you can get an offer before it expires and convert your visa to a worker visa after a while it converts to a green card.

    but you should check the US Department of State website for specific information about visas:

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    wow you would have to be the emir !

    america is a closed society to arabs and syrians

    besides our boarders watching for every camel jocky around

    after what has been done to our soldiers i would start a secret dungeon and torture olive skin and mid eastern people i found on the street id use a woden spoon because it is dull and would hurt

  • 1 decade ago

    Grab some cash and donate it to the GOP via a lobbyist--that's the American way to get what you want out of this country at present--hurry though--these times they are a changin'!!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Don't listen to those guys, besides, to be Mexican you have to swim that nasty polluted river. Go to the us embassy and apply for a visa. If you are honest ,hardworking, and mean us no harm, welcome.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I'm not trying to be a jerk but didn't I see you on television burning an American flag? Why in the world would you want to live here?



  • 1 decade ago

    say you are Mexican....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.