Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Is it bad to be have a lot of male friends?

They are not gay but I like to have male friends..but now I want a BF not with them because they are my friends but I find that it hard to find one because I have too many male friends...Why?

Favorite Answer

its not bad unless you have a real unhealthy friendships / relationships with everybody.

It is good that you don't want your b/f to be one of the number of male friends that you have. It may be hard for a guy to understand why you have some many male friends. He may feel threatened (unnecessarily) because of it. It is not necessarily bad to have a lot of male friends, but I am willing to bet that 10-15% of them would like to fall in love with you.

No, it's not bad. Like you, I have way more male friends than female friends. Why? Because girls are such drama mamas. When I'm with the guys, I can be care-free and tomboy-ish. They also make me laugh so much easier. Most of my girl friends talk about boys, gossip, make-up, and sometimes I need to get away from all that.

Wait, are you a girl or a guy?

I didn't really answer your question lol, but good luck!

It's not a bad thing. You just need to keep on searching for an open minded BF, who respects your catatonic friendships.

I am a male with mostly female friends, and I have have trouble finding a girlfriend, so I know where you are coming from. In any case friendship is more important to me anyway,but I won't give up. You shouldn't either. Just look for respect and trust.

• maamu

I did the same thing when I was a teenager. I loved to tinker with cars and it came naturally that I had a lot of male friends.

When I would get a boyfriend it was like I had a dozen brothers that were questioning the poor guy on his intentions. LOL

You are going to have to get a few female frineds to hang around with when you are on the prowl for a boyfriend. Most guys that are interested in you won't approach you if you are surrounded by a group of guys.

I just left a 3 year relationship because my lady just had too many men in her life... It's a guy thing... If I'm in a relationship then I must be the "man" in her life.. period... I don't need to be concerned with where she is, what she's doing (when I'm not there), and who she's doing it with.. that would be the "other guys" part.. I just don't need to or want to have that kind of stress..

It's way o.k. for each to have "friends" of the opposite sex, however they must accept the man/woman in your life and be courteous and respectful of them.. If they are not, then they must go... period. That wasn't how it went in my case, so I chose to leave.. It just wasn't worth the stress!!!!!

Yes; to many. The problem with it is that the more you have the better your chance is of being hurt. Boy's (not all) can not be just friends with a girl - that takes a special kind of boy - most of them is in it for another reason. Be careful,

No, it's fine to have as many male friends as you like. Lots of girls get on better with guys than with their own gender. And if you want a boyfriend, just ask your friends to hook you up. I bet they know any number of guys who would just love to date you.

A lot of guys think that this is bad. They often consider if you were intimate with any of them or what the relationship is in fact. If there is trust in the relationship...it shouldn't be a problem unless the guy is a little insecure. If you are out...a lot of guys may consider that perhaps one of the guys is your boyfriend. Either way....if you get a boyfriend...be upfront with him on your frienships...Good Luck

Maybe you're so used to seeing guys as just friends that it's hard for any new guys to see you as a potential girlfriend, instead of their next best friend.

Don't worry. If you meet the right one, he'll see you for what you want to be seen as.

Alot of guys get insecure when someone has alot of guy friends because they think it might be more trouble than its worth. Your notwrong for having them but there not wrong for feeling the way they do either.