Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

what is the easyest way to learn visual basic on your own .I also want the fastest methed?

any directions to good web sights would be helpful I want to learn it with in 1 month if possible .I don't have allot of time but really want to learn it for various reasons.thanks also only serious answers please.

Favorite Answer

Visual Basic Step By Step by Microsoft Press will have you accomplishing tasks within a few hours.

I suggest working your way through a "teach yourself" book to learn the basics (SAMS series are the best in my opinion) but the best way to learn is to set yourself projects and pick things up just by using the program and the internet for resources. Or, if you have a specific project you need to complete, start it after completing the book. You will pick things up as you go along.

There are hundreds of code snippets and examples on the net, the most important thing however is to examine them line-by-line and understand exactly what they do by referring to the book. If you simply cut and paste and compile, you will never learn.

I used these methods a few years ago, and with no formal training in Visual Studio, I am now a senior developer at my company. It time consuming, but keep at it for as many hours a day and if you have the right mind for it, you will pick it up very quickly.

I would highly recommend you learn Visual Basic .NET and not Visual Basic 6 or lower.

Source(s): Experience

Honestly, the best way to learn a language is to pick up a good book on it and work through it.

The "SAMS Teach Yourself ..." series are generally very accessible and easy to read. On Amazon.com, "Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Visual Basic .NET 2003 (VB .NET) in 24 Hours" gets 4.5 / 5 stars on 28 ratings. You can check out reviews for it here: http://www.amazon.com/Yourself-Microsoft-Visual-Co...

To learn vb in one month is some task. I suggest you go to the Micorosft (msdn) website as a starter, thay have some useful tutorials whihc take you through some projects to buld complete working applications.

Hope this helps and Good luck with your learning experience.

The url is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/