If you could, would you join the military ?

with the way the military is run by politicians?

I will break this down, I am an american and I love my country...i'm also over 50 and I am just as capable to go fight for whats right....but i'm too old...as far as the Marines.....They were wronged,even tho some with them say they did it,,,most would too if it would save thier butt! I say give'em medals....There is no War without death! Some people need to get a grip and stop ya whining...

Favorite Answer

Already did, been in almost 8 years, just signed up for another 4, and loving every minute.

Merry Christmas from Iraq!

No frickin way...

I think today's military is over politicized... I mean the military is only a tool in helping politicians get what they want and such.

It's rarely about defending freedom anymore, it's more about invading to bring more wealth into the land and using the military to gain political power... There should be a military where politics have no affect on it, and that military should be used to keep global peace and do humanitarian duties. It's sick how politicians these days hide behind their military and servicemen who took an oath to defend this country die for politicians gain...

I would join a United Earth Military tho, not some politically run military.

Don't forget democracy, sure it's the people's country but sometimes the hippies get in the way of what NEEDS to be done. Politicians whimper because they might lose votes and reduce military in certain combat zones, the platoon gets wiped out due to that.. etc etc etc... Either military is over affected by the peoples choice (who usually has no idea how things work in the military or what's even going on in the combat zone) or it's over affected by power hungry politicians (who would do anything for political gain..)

Hell yea, ask me again, hell yea. I've been in awhile and I just re-enlisted for another 6. I'm on my second tour here in Iraq and we don't kill innocent civilians. If a civilian has a weapon and shoots at us, that makes them a combatant. So all you who think that we are here murdering and doing whatever we want don't have the slightest clue to the truth. I see everyday what the US military does to help the people of Iraq but you won't find the media there to report it. Instead you here of the death toll and wounded soldiers of the US. The media will twist every story around to get the best possible ratings. I love the military, Ooorah!!!!!!

I am a veteran of both the Army and the Navy and there is more to military service that is government involved. In today's economy with so many people struggling to make ends meet you cannot beat the job security, the financial, educational, and the medical benefits that are available today. There are bonus incentives too. Without hesitation I would advise anyone considering enlisting to join up.

Not on your life. Let the politicians enlist. A way to end all wars. Give the leaders of all the countries clubs and let them fight it out. Winner take all. As long as young men and women are brainwashed with Nationalism there will always be wars.

It's supposed to be run by politicians. It's the bureaucracy that's really annoying. I didn't like it when I wore the uniform, but if I weren't too old, I probably would have gone back in last year. Wound up doing Katrina instead.

No, I wouldn't

I'm not too old to join, but I'm too old to take orders. Orders can be smart or stupid. I'd have a huge problem with stupid ones. It is dreadful for me to think how whould I take an order to go and cold-heartedly kill a bunch of people if I don't agree that they deserve to die.

Military is ALWAYS run by politicians. And people are always brainwashed. I mean, they are sent to die or kill. How else can you do it? Unless your country is actually under attack you'd have to convince people somehow...

Source(s): Yeah, I've got an attitude an I know it.

No way, but when I was 17 i very nearly joined the IRA to fight the British government but luckly enough I changed my mind, they had a ceasefire 3 months later anyway and it still holds to this day

Definetely

Last year I had the distinct privilege of Enlisting my Son into the Army - incidentally that can only be done by commissioned officers - so yes, I am career Army.

He went to Iraq and is home now, but ready to go again (we both are). You either understand because you've been there, or you don't because you haven't.

Yes, if I could give myself the title "General of outworld armies of Shokan" and design my uniform. A ninja/knight type of look, cool right!

Just kidding, God Bless our troops.