promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is your favorite pecan pie recipe?

Please share how you make pecan pies for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Thank you in advance.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pecan Pie

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 cup light corn syrup

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 Tbsp molasses

2 Tbsp melted butter

2 Tbsp flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/4 cups pecans, coarsely chopped

1 9-inch pie shell, chilled for an hour if freshly made, defrosted for 10 minutes if frozen. (See pie crust recipes.)

1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread pecans along the bottom of the pie shell. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over pecans. The pecans will rise to the surface of the pie.

2 Bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes until the filling has set. About 20 minutes into the cooking you may want to use a pie crust protector, or tent the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil to prevent the pie crust edges from burning.

3 Remove from oven and let cool completely.

Serves 8.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The best recipe is the Original Karo Syrup recipe as follows;

Ingredients:

3 eggs, slightly beaten

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup sugar

1 1/4 cup pecans

1 cup Karo ( or other corn syrup) light, dark, or mixed

1 (9 inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust***

2 Tbsp butter (or margarine) melted

Instructions:

1.) Pre heat oven to 350 0F

2.) In a large bowl stir first five ingregients until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into piecrust.

3.) Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between the center & the edge comes out clean. Coll on wire rack. Makes 8 servings.

*** To use Prepared Frozen Pie Crust. Use a 9 inch deep-dish piecrust. Do not thaw. Preheat oven and a cookie sheet. Pour filling into frozen piecrust. Bake on cookie sheet (insulated cookie sheet is not recommeneded.)

I know this is not good English, but this is straight off of the bottle of syrup.

Source(s): Karo Syrup Bottle (circa 1962)
  • 1 decade ago

The usual way but many leave out the main ingredient that gives it the flavour. Da Rum.

• 1 decade ago

Its called fresh from the bakery .. lol.. sorry ..Wish I had a better answer..I have cooked many and many reciepes but the bakery always seems better..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I like the one with walnuts!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.