Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why in most pictures Jesus Christ is picture as an Caucasian when he was born in the middle east.?

Favorite Answer

And I'll do you one better. The Bible describes Him as having "skin of bronze and hair of wool". I'll tell you why this false representation came about. Caucasians would not worship a dark skinned man with coarse hair and certainly wouldn't consider him as their Savior. They believe that the skin has to be light in order for it to be right. Maybe some day the truth will become important enough and Jesus will be portrayed as He truly looked. And God said do not worship false idols!

This is going decrease back to at the same time as the photographs of Jesus (saws) first got here about. i'm not an expert on the problem, yet they did not continually paint what's going to be deemed as extra superb perfect, they painted what they concept replaced into captivating. you may also see in a large number of Renaissance artwork of the Virgin Mary (ra), she is draped in fabrics which have Quranic inscriptions on them. Textiles were widely imported from the middle East and Persia for the period of those circumstances, and they stumbled on them to be truly captivating. Mary (ra) under no circumstances wore fabrics with Quran, lol, yet they loved them so as that's what they used.

It has to with the fact that the famous people that painted those pictures thought he would look like that. It is not meant to be racist or hateful of the middle eastern people. In fact, nobody really knows what Christ looks like. To say that painting him like that is racist and unfounded is moronic and unfounded., and to the fool who said Christ would look more like Bin Laden than Bush: Bin Laden wasn't even from the same area as Jesus, infact he's Muslim and Christ was Jewish. Don't use your halfwit comments to prommote hate propaganda and politics!

Why not? Have you ever been to the Middle East? I dont think so...anyways whereever you go (especially near the Shams which includes Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria) you can find Arabs who look like Americans. Blonde hair, blue eyes light skin. Even in Saudi Arabia and Yemen there are places near the mountains where there are red-haired men with green eyes but with dark skin. My husband's tribe comes from Yemen which is south of Saudi and he is dark and black haired but his beard has some red hair in it. Even my little brother is full Arab but he has blone hair and blue eyes. So, it could be possible that PROPHET Jesus was born with fair skin and fair features. Why not?

Source(s): Middle Eastern girl

I wass born in the Middle East and I am a blue eyed blond I don't think you have seen as many pictires of Jesus as I have for I have seen at least 25per cent of His images as black. And I say so what.

This is one reason why we as Muslims do not make pictures of any of the Prophets. If you go to a Mosque you will not see pictures rather beautiful calligraphy of the God's revelation.

Cause the white man is the puppet master. Don't buy into the bull. Jesus looked a lot more like Bin Laden, than Bush...

Middle Easterners are Caucasian, but I know what you mean, they depict him as European. Well, people envision Jesus as God, and it is helpful for people to envision God in the way they themselves look.

Jesus is depicted differently in different places. In Africa, they portray Jesus as black. Since our Christian ancestors mostly came from Europe, we have a white Jesus.

But yeah, in reality, he was probably dark tan/light brown.

And when you get to see him & he is BLACK or GREEN then what ??? You feel ashamed & feel your in the wrong place because reality was not what it was hyped up to be ???

At this point in time I think your main concern should be whether or not you truely believe in Jesus, God or anything preached about to you to begin with.