Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Mormons? have you ever been told you are going to hell ?

how many of you have been told you would burn in hell i fyou do not repent?I know that Joseph smith taught very cleary that all mormons would go to hell, if they did not repent.

There is also the much propagated verse in the D&C which says something about Fire insurance. and tithing.

Favorite Answer

routinely

I think someone has suggested on here more than once that we would go to hell because we did not read or believe in the Bible. I just had to laugh because I do read the Bible and I was trying to read through a commentary series on the Bible by W. Cleon Skousen this year as well. I bet I have read the Bible through at least 7 times, and some parts more than that. We also grew up listening to records about Noah's Ark and Joseph in Egypt. Your references are a little vague, by the way. Have a happy day.

Yeah those lovely Chrisitans are usually the first to tell us of our "doom"...

It is true that repentance is necessary for sin to be forgiven...Joseph never taught what you are claiming though. Basically in section 76 of the D&C, the criteria or description of people in each kingdom is given and those in the lesser kingdoms are those who weren't "valiant in the testimony of Jesus Christ" and "who received Christ but not the fulness of the Father"

The fire insurance...that's funny too...there are several verses in all scripture that say those who pay their tithing will not be "burned" at the Savior's second coming.

I'm sorry any religion that says repent or you are going to hell is fanatical and insane. I think Mormons are normal people kinda cultish but normal they have way to many kids and some weird rules. When religion becomes fanatical and not spiritual and family and society oriented it sucks.

That's not nice leave them alone!