Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

help: hello yu have either turn off your javascript or..... download the lastest javascript here?

i have aleady download the lastest one. don't tell me to just on my java script because i dn't don't how and i may have turn it one already.

thx for your help.

Favorite Answer

First off, Java and Javascript are too completely different unrelated things. Java is an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language created by James Gosling of Sun Microsystems. JavaScript was created by the fine people at Netscape.

Java is NOT Javascript

Javascript is NOT Java

Java:

- is a programming language

- needs to be compiled

- server-side

- requires a java virtual machine (a download from sun.com)

Javascript:

- is a scripting language

- does not compile. Javascript is s

- client-side

- built-in to your browser (no download required; possibly needs to be enabled)

All browsers (Opera, Firefox, KHTML, Safari, Opera) that I can think of off the top of my head come with javascript enabled. These browsers have built-in interpreters for javascript. Newer version of javascript are updated with the browser internally.

You NEVER have to update javascript versions EVER. You may get a new version of your browser with an updated javascript engine but, I repeat, you NEVER have to manually download a new version of javascript.

You don't download javascript for use in a web browser, it's built into it. You may be a victim of a hoax.