How soon is too soo?

me and my husband had our first baby 6 months ago, she's beautiful and we love her dearly. but we've talked alot about it and we want more children, but how soon is too soon to start on the second one? I don't want my children more then two years apart. i figure the closer together the better, i come from a big family and we where all pretty close and still are. my husband doesn't seem to mind either way, he's ready to "get it on" right now *lol* i think he just likes making them. but truthfully, how soon is too soon?

Sorry a few more details, i am a full time mother/house wife, we live off his income completely. and i live close to both my own family and his family, lots of help! we'er country folk lol

Favorite Answer

I know lots of people who had their children very close together and swear by it.

I, on the other hand, had my children 3.5 years apart and swear by that.

It's your choice. There's no right or wrong answer.

It completely depends on you. They say 2 yrs apart is the best. But, if you were raised in a family where you and your siblings were closer than you would know first-hand which is better. Just relate to what you experienced and decide if you think you can take on a newborn and toddler at the same time. If it's been 6 mos than I say go for it. By the time you have your 2nd your 1st will be nearly a yr and a half.

• Well if you don't want them to be no more than 2 years apart you should get started now because it could take you a year to get pregnant this time.

If you had a c-section though they say it takes a full year for your body to completely recover from the surgery.

Just ask your doctor. If you want to start now then start but if you wanna wait for a year or two then do that.

Good luck

Its really up to you two.. You figure your baby is 6 months now.. So in 9 months you will have a 15 month, and a new born.. I figure it out that way.. if you can handle 2 in diapers, and 2 bottles go for it..

You are crazy for wanting another so soon. The worst hasn't even begun yet. Your baby will:begin waking up at all hours crying because of teeth, you haven't experienced a real live illness yet either. You will be overwhelmed if you have another so soon. DO u have help? DO you work? Good luck I have two beautiful girls 1 1/2 and 4 and it is a tremendous job. Space them out a bit.

• Lydia

If you can, it is good to have the kids under two years apart, as long as you are able to handle it. They will grow up really good friends, and it will be a bonus when they are older. Try and figure it out so the one is out of diapers before you have another.

• blank

my daughters are 14 months apart. She got Pregnant 5 mo. after 1st birth. They are 15 years old and 14 years old now and for the most part they get along good.

Only you can truly answer that question, however, one thing is for sure, if you wait too long, you probably won't have any more. If you can handle the responsibility of another child and can afford to do it, go for it, you may not have a second chance.

If you can afford it without government assistance, I'd say go for it! There are tons of mothers out there who have kids that are very close in age, they don't seem to be having any problems. I think it's nice that you are trying to provide companionship among your future children :-)

That's a very personal decision. Only you can decide if you have the energy to cope with another child in diapers. If you feel ready ... now's good. If you don't, then wait.