why is my cat eating too much and misbehaving?

got 2 brother kittens, after 3 days one ballooned in size compared to the other, he just wont stop eating, its gotten so bad he tries to go through the garbage and jumps on the furniture (to snatch food off of plates) what can i do to stop this? we're spraying them with water but it doesnt seem to be that effective. any other remedies/repellants? he eats all of his catfood THEN our food as well. we give them plenty of attention as well so it isnt like they arent cared for... any advice?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Kittens are very naturally hungry and playful by nature.Someone suggested putting a litttle bit of vinegar in the water and they will lick it on their fur and it is supposed to deter them.Maybe put the cats in another room while you are eating. We have the same problem with our cat.

• 1 decade ago

Mine is the same when it comes to eating.. But it gets a lot of exercise. Best bit, is speak to your local Vet. about them. They are great to give out advice. and see if there is something wrong..

• 1 decade ago

thats pretty crazy, lol i would recommend talking 2 a vet if it gets serious, mayb its a health problem

• 1 decade ago

You get on the poor cat's nerves.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

maybe you should try deworming it. this haappens when anials haveworms in their tummy. iot may had ghot it when it ate those garbage stuff

• 1 decade ago

Hate to break it to you, that isn't a cat!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.