Meaning of a name?

I have looked in all the baby name books and on all the baby name websites that I know of, and cant find one of my names.

I have only been able to find out that it is of French origin(told to me by a high school teacher) Maybe somebody out there can help me.

the name is Valjean....pronounced just like it looks. It is an old family name, and I was just curious as to what it meant.

Favorite Answer

try www.babyzone.com and look up the gender of the name. good luck.

Though I have no published research to back me up on this, I'm willing to bet that Valjean is about equivalent to "of Jean," or "son of Jean." In Les Miserables, Jean Valjean is the son of another Jean Valjean, and since Hugo was a fairly creative namer, it wouldn't shock me an ounce if Valjean were meant to be a patronymic of some sort. Truly, I don't know that it's a French surname outside of Hugo's literature..?

• Although the name Valjean creates an interest in the deeper aspects of life, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, and fluid systems.

Your first name of Valjean has made you a sociable person who appreciates the beauties of nature and the refinements of life, and is moved by music and the arts.

You are very idealistic and romantic within yourself and may have tried to express your beautiful thoughts through poetry or writing.

Crudeness and vulgarity are very repulsive to you and you are very particular about little things.

You suffer greatly with lack of confidence and self-consciousness.

You crave affection and understanding, yet because you can be so easily and deeply hurt, you have learned to keep your true nature hidden; therefore people do not really know you.

You always wonder if you are doing the right thing, desiring to express yourself but afraid to

go to http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/DisplayNameAnalysis...

www.behindthename.com is a very accurate name database. Your name didn't show up in it, so I'm guessing it's a surname in your family?

So you probably won't find a valid meaning in any baby name book, but I bet you can research it and find what French words it may be derived from.

Good luck! I like your name too, by the way :)

Source(s): www.behindthename.com

I'm not really sure about this, maybe it was taken from Jean Valjean, one of the main characters of "Les Miserables".

• WINGS

It seems to be a surname