Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

Bad Calf strain?

I strained my calf quite badly two years ago. It got better and I managed to run a marathon on it with no pain. But I still feel an aching there now when I go for a run. Is this normal and should I just ignore it or is it a sign that there is still damage? What can I do to ensure i don't sprain it again?

Favorite Answer

Pain is a warning sign even when it's not severe, that something is wrong. Have yourself checked again by a doctor and make sure there is no permanent damage in the calve or Achilles tendon. Consider better shoes for your exercise routine, more support for the ankles and knees. Also consider age, strain, and taking breaks during running, by fast walking for a few blocks and then to jogging, then back to running, etc.

Injuries do sometimes take years to heal and regain strength, have patience and take of yourself.

Source(s): Massage Therapist