poetgirl asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is yogurt good for your &*()**)?

I hear eating yogurt is good for vaginal area, is this true, has anyone else heard of this

Favorite Answer

I have heard this. Medically, be sure to get a yogurt that says something like, "contains active cultures" followed by the names of the bacteria, such as "C. Acidophilus". This will help to strengthen the leveles of "good" bacteria in your body. Personally, my girlfriend swears by it.

Yes it is. Only certain kinds that have some kind of active culture yogurt. Usually it will say on it if it has this. I think it just helps keep the bacteria balanced or something like that.

It would help prevent yeast infections- down there- esp if you are taking antibiotics- yogurt has the good bacteria that is killed w antibiotics-D

Yes it is, it is full of good bacteria. People also use it topically to treat thrush infections. Just make sure you use plain NATURAL yoghurt if you are going to use it topically.

if u apply it on and inside the vagina topically rather than eating it, it should help to balance the pH levels of the area.