promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
poetgirl asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is yogurt good for your &*()**)?

I hear eating yogurt is good for vaginal area, is this true, has anyone else heard of this

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have heard this. Medically, be sure to get a yogurt that says something like, "contains active cultures" followed by the names of the bacteria, such as "C. Acidophilus". This will help to strengthen the leveles of "good" bacteria in your body. Personally, my girlfriend swears by it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it is. Only certain kinds that have some kind of active culture yogurt. Usually it will say on it if it has this. I think it just helps keep the bacteria balanced or something like that.

• 1 decade ago

It would help prevent yeast infections- down there- esp if you are taking antibiotics- yogurt has the good bacteria that is killed w antibiotics-D

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is, it is full of good bacteria. People also use it topically to treat thrush infections. Just make sure you use plain NATURAL yoghurt if you are going to use it topically.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if u apply it on and inside the vagina topically rather than eating it, it should help to balance the pH levels of the area.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.