Will an internship for a plastic surgeon improve my chances of being admitted to Med school?

I have the chance to intern for a plastic surgeon during my undergraduate years of college. I want to go to Med school at UCLA, UC Davis, or UCSF.

Do you think my internship will impress the admissions department, or help at all with getting into the school? Or will it just be a waste of time?

Favorite Answer

If you'll be doing 'hands on' stuff, yes, I'd definitely go for it. If you're really interested in being in med school don't you think this sounds like a fantastic opportunity? The more experience you can get before actually applying, the better. On admissions, they will definitely look to see what you've been doing with your 'free time'. You asked "Do you think...?" I told you what I 'think'- there may yet be some med school gurus out there (I did vet school and was in every vet clinic and lab I could get into before that) who will answer this question...

I agree with everything the other poster answered!

Just wanted to give a second response in case you needed more opinions.